As your Member of Provincial Parliament, my caucus colleagues and I have been working to ensure that the provincial government is communicating with Ontarians about emergency preparedness planning related to COVID-19. Specifically, we have been asking about contingency plans for public services, hospitals, workers and businesses.
People are stepping up to honour physical distancing. People like you deserve economic security through this crisis.
I support MPP Andrea Horwath's proposals for $2000 in emergency income for everyone who has lost work or hours due to this pandemic, and for tenants who have lost income to receive an 80% rent-subsidy up to $2,500.
My Office has also put together these pages about some of the concerns we hear most:
- What supports are being provided by Government?
- What income support is the province providing?
- What happens if I am threatened with an eviction during the COVID-19 pandemic?
You can read my most recent community newsletters here:
- May 19 Newsletter: Information About Re-Opening
- May 14 Newsletter: Save Main Street Businesses
- May 7 Newsletter: Remembering Pina
- May 5 Newsletter: Save Local Businesses
- May 1 Newsletter: May 1 Rent
- Toronto.ca/coronavirus: Information from Toronto Public Health on local cases, how to protect yourself and where to seek further medical support.
- Ontario.ca/coronavirus: Information from Ontario’s Ministry of Health and Long Term Care — find out how to protect yourself, what to do if you’re sick and how to recognize possible symptoms. Updated twice daily, in 30 languages.
- Canada.ca/coronavirus: Information from the Government of Ontario and the Public Health Agency of Canada — updates on the national response, travel advice and preparedness.
- Travel.gc.ca: Important travel advisories and restrictions related to COVID-19, from the Government of Canada.
- Telehealth Ontario: For medical advice, you may contact Telehealth Ontario, a free, confidential service — telephone: 1-866-797-0000
Toronto Public Health Hotline: Telephone: 416-338-7600 [Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. (closed on statutory holidays). Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Translation is available in many languages.] Email: PublicHealth@toronto.ca