As your Member of Provincial Parliament, my caucus colleagues and I have been working to ensure that the provincial government is communicating with Ontarians about emergency preparedness planning related to COVID-19. Specifically, we have been asking about contingency plans for public services, hospitals, workers and businesses.
You can now connect with MPP Suze Morrison and your neighbours on my new podcast, Stories for Change.
People are stepping up to honour physical distancing. People like you deserve economic security through this crisis.
I support MPP Andrea Horwath's proposals for $2000 in emergency income for everyone who has lost work or hours due to this pandemic, and for tenants who have lost income to receive an 80% rent-subsidy up to $2,500.
My Office has also put together these pages about some of the concerns we hear most:
- What supports are being provided by Government?
- What income support is the province providing?
- What happens if I am threatened with an eviction during the COVID-19 pandemic?
You can read my most recent community newsletters here:
- November 20, 2020 Newsletter: Lockdown
- November 17, 2020 Newsletter: COVID Circuit Breaker
- November 13, 2020 Newsletter: Budget 2020-2021
- November 6, 2020 Newsletter: Provincial Update
- October 23, 2020 Newsletter: Seniors Deserve Better
- October 14, 2020 Newsletter: Bill 204
- September 25, 2020 Newsletter: Construction Noise Continued
- September 18, 2020 Newsletter: Safe September
- August 27 Newsletter: Stop the Endless Construction Noise
- August 19 Newsletter: Townhall About A Safe Return to School
- July 14 Newsletter: What Your Need To Know About Bill 184 and Evictions
- July 8 Newsletter: Stop COVID-19 Evictions
- June 29 Newsletter: End Police Violence
- June 23 Newsletter: Ending Police Violence, Protecting Tenants, Celebrating Pride
- June 16 Newsletter: Recovery Townhall and 10 Person Social Circles
- June 8 Newsletter: New Rules About Social Gatherings Announced
- June 5 Newsletter: Black Lives Matter
- June 2 Newsletter: Bill 184
- May 31 Newsletter: It Takes a Village to Save the Village
- May 26 Newsletter: Stay the Course
- May 19 Newsletter: Information About Re-Opening
- May 14 Newsletter: Save Main Street Businesses
- May 7 Newsletter: Remembering Pina
- May 5 Newsletter: Save Local Businesses
- May 1 Newsletter: May 1 Rent
- Toronto.ca/coronavirus: Information from Toronto Public Health on local cases, how to protect yourself and where to seek further medical support.
- Ontario.ca/coronavirus: Information from Ontario’s Ministry of Health and Long Term Care — find out how to protect yourself, what to do if you’re sick and how to recognize possible symptoms. Updated twice daily, in 30 languages.
- Canada.ca/coronavirus: Information from the Government of Ontario and the Public Health Agency of Canada — updates on the national response, travel advice and preparedness.
- Travel.gc.ca: Important travel advisories and restrictions related to COVID-19, from the Government of Canada.
- Telehealth Ontario: For medical advice, you may contact Telehealth Ontario, a free, confidential service — telephone: 1-866-797-0000
Toronto Public Health Hotline: Telephone: 416-338-7600 [Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. (closed on statutory holidays). Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Translation is available in many languages.] Email: PublicHealth@toronto.ca