MPP Morrison is advocating for the government to do more about affordable housing at Queen's Park. She recognizes rents are unaffordable for most Torontonians, and not enough affordable housing units are being built.
Until the Ontario Government steps up to meaningfully address the housing crisis, there are several ways our office can support you with affordable housing:
- Learning how to apply for affordable housing and connecting you to Councillor Kristyn Wong-Tam's office for rapid support (Toronto Community Housing is run by the city).
- Connecting you to eviction and tenant support services such as the Metro Tenants' Federation and Toronto Rent Bank.
- Facilitating access to free legal representation for those facing eviction who qualify for legal aid
- Helping Constituents understand and access the forms and processes of the Landlord and Tenants Board of Ontario.
- You can download this free template our office made to document your interactions with your landlord